Refugees and numbers – How many people left their homes? Where do they come from, where are they now? How many get asylum in Germany, how many can stay without getting asylum, how many leave? How does the situation differ by country, or by federal state within Germany?
Are the numbers up to date? What is the definition of the term „refugee“ in these statistics?
Let’s find out. There is a range of data sources:
* UNHCR (yearbook, mid year trends, database)
* „kleine Anfragen“ der Linken, https://kleineanfragen.de/bundestag/18/6860-ergaenzende-informationen-zur-asylstatistik-fuer-das-dritte-quartal-2015
* CIA https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
* monatl. Bericht vom BAMF, http://www.bamf.de/DE/Infothek/Statistiken/Asylzahlen/asylzahlen-node.html
* Eurostat http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/asylum-and-managed-migration/data
More projects, questions and data sources are welcome. Please prepare them in a way that people can start working right away.
Goal: Gather data, create visualizations, deliver it on a website, automate the process – if we get that far.
10:00 – 10:30 Arriving
13:00 Noon break with pizza
17:00 – 18:00 Presentation of results
07.05.2016, 10:00 – 18:00 Uhr
teleschau, Riesstr. 17, München